Cabin fever? You aren’t alone. During this time of social isolation and uncertainty, many feel restless, stressed, and bored. With festivals, markets,and other summertime activities canceled, Summer 2020 is hard to enjoy. Some people choose to beat the monotony of their homes by staying in a local bed and breakfast, like Arbor Hill Inn in La Porte, Indiana. If you are planning a local getaway, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided some precautions to take while traveling:
- Clean your hands frequently. For at least 20 seconds, wash your hands with hot water and soap. Make sure to wash your hands a lot, especially after visiting a public place and before you eat.
- Use hand sanitizer. Soap and water might not be available. Always have hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol ready to go. Use the hand sanitizer generously, until your hands are very wet. Rub your hands until dry.
- Don’t touch your face. It is thought to help reduce your exposure of COVID by avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Social distance. When in a public space, keep at least 6 feet of physical distance from others. Close contact should be avoided.
- Wear a mask. It is required many places to wear a cloth face in public.
- Cover your coughs. Make sure to cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Be careful around meal times. It is a good idea to pick up food at drive-throughs or curbside restaurant services.
At Arbor Hill Inn, we have taken many steps to ensure the safety of our traveling guests. Our guests are part of our family and we take their health and safety seriously. Every room is sanitized as outlined by the World Health Organization and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We also require masks inside the bed & breakfast, which may be removed for eating. This aligns with The City of LaPorte’s executive order requiring that all customers and employees wear face coverings. For more information, see the City of LaPorte website.
When you visit Arbor Hill Inn, you can easily spend all day in your room. It might be good for your mental health to break away from your home. Our suites and guestrooms are all air-conditioned and have carefully chosen furnishings and accents to create a relaxing, elaborate ambiance. Some of the amenities include comfortable beds, private baths, televisions, gas fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs, and Wi-Fi.
If you choose to go out, check out our list of Things to do in La Porte, Indiana. However, be sure to make sure your adventure of choice is open for business and what policies they have in place to combat COVID-19.
Call us today at 219-362-9200 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your perfect getaway. We look forward to taking care of you!